Thursday, February 2, 2012

Michigan Chicken


If I had to pick my least favorite kind of cheese it would be blue cheese.  After that though, it would be Swiss.  I remember making a big deal the first time my mom said she was going to make this recipe that she found in our church cookbook because I did not want Swiss cheese anywhere near my piece of chicken.  My piece did not have any Swiss on it, but I soon learned that it is even more delicious with!  This recipe easily became a favorite of the entire family.


Recipe serves 8.  (I usually just buy one package of chicken that has 3 breasts in it and just half the recipe.  Sometimes I don't even half it if I'm really in the mood for the stuffing topping!)

Ingredients
  • 8 (1/2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (raw)
  • 8 slices Swiss cheese
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (8 3/8 oz.) chicken-flavored Stove Top stuffing
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup butter
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 inch pan.
  3. Place one piece of Swiss cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
  4. Mix together water and soup in a small bowl.
  5. Spoon water and soup mixture over chicken pieces.
  6. Sprinkle stuffing over chicken pieces as well.
  7. Melt butter.  Drizzle over stuffing.
  8. Cook for about 55 minutes (covered for the first 40 minutes, uncovered for the last 15 minutes.)
Recipe Courtesy of Lil Haegele from the St. Andrews Parish Cookbook



As a side note, I have no idea what the significance of the name Michigan Chicken is.  I assumed it is a family recipe of some sort from the lady who submitted it to the church cookbook but I did some research using google and it looks like there's some more similar recipes out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...