Thursday, May 10, 2012

Strawberry Banana Smoothies


The weather today is gorgeous, so Nate and I decided to do some studying outside.  I'm in finals studying mode and a little treat while studying is always good for the brain and provides me with a little extra motivation.  What better treat to enjoy on a warm, sunny day but a smoothie (or maybe a cold beer)!  


These are the ingredients and approximate measurements that I used when making my smoothies.  I use a small blender, like a Silver Bullet, so each amount makes about one smoothie, depending on the size of your glasses.  Feel free to adjust measurement amounts to create the consistency you prefer.  It would also be very yummy adding different types of frozen berries!

Ingredients
  • 8 - 12 frozen strawberries
  • 2/3 of a banana
  • 2/3 cup low-fat frozen yogurt
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • Other frozen berries (optional)
Directions
  1. Add about half of ingredients to small blender and blend for 30-60 seconds. (I usually add the frozen strawberries last so they're closest to the blade to make sure they get well blended.)
  2. Add the rest of ingredients and continue blending.
  3. Pour in a glass and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...