Bear with me as I have downgraded my camera since my last post. (My mom wanted hers back apparently.) I'm thinking a new camera is going to be the main item on my Christmas list this year! Not to mention I haven't really gotten this whole lighting and editing thing down yet. My photography skills are a work in progress to say the least.
I hope you enjoy! I served my chicken with roasted red potatoes, a simple vinaigrette salad, and a tall glass of milk to balance out the hotness from those jalapeños (I left the seeds in.)
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste.
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 jalapeños (remove seeds if prefer more mild)
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 oz shredded pepperjack cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 6 skinless chicken breast cutlets, about 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs with italian seasoning
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheeses, green onion, jalapeños and bacon crumbles.
- Lay out chicken cutlets and spread an equal amount of cheese mixture on each. Roll each cutlet and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Combine olive oil and lime juice in a small bowl. Place bread crumbs in another.
- Dip chicken in liquid mixture and then in bread crumbs. Set seam-down in baking dish.
- Lightly spray top of chicken with olive oil spray.
- Cook for about 25 minutes and serve.