Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cheesy Jalapeño Stuffed Chicken

I'm back!  That's right, my last post was in May, can you even believe it!  I spent 8 weeks this summer in Europe studying abroad in Toledo, Spain and then doing a little backpacking as well with my fellow blogger Emily.  When I got back in mid-August who knows what happened because I had been wanting to cook and bake the entire time I was in gone.  For some reason it took until now to get things rolling again.  But here I am, finally back at it again and with this cheesy jalapeño stuffed chicken to get things started again.


Bear with me as I have downgraded my camera since my last post.  (My mom wanted hers back apparently.)  I'm thinking a new camera is going to be the main item on my Christmas list this year!  Not to mention I haven't really gotten this whole lighting and editing thing down yet.  My photography skills are a work in progress to say the least.


I hope you enjoy!  I served my chicken with roasted red potatoes, a simple vinaigrette salad, and a tall glass of milk to balance out the hotness from those jalapeños (I left the seeds in.)

Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste.

Ingredients

  • 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 2 jalapeños (remove seeds if prefer more mild)
  • 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese (about 1/3 cup)
  • 2 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (about 1/4 cup)
  • 2 oz shredded pepperjack cheese (about 1/4 cup)
  • 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
  • 6 skinless chicken breast cutlets, about 3 oz each
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs with italian seasoning
  • 2 limes, juice of
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • olive oil non-stick spray
Directions
  1. Wash and dry chicken cutlets and season with salt and pepper.
  2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Lightly spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheeses, green onion, jalapeños and bacon crumbles.
  4. Lay out chicken cutlets and spread an equal amount of cheese mixture on each.  Roll each cutlet and secure ends with toothpicks.
  5. Combine olive oil and lime juice in a small bowl.  Place bread crumbs in another.
  6. Dip chicken in liquid mixture and then in bread crumbs.  Set seam-down in baking dish.
  7. Lightly spray top of chicken with olive oil spray.
  8. Cook for about 25 minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...