The other day I was getting really excited about a new dessert recipe that I'm going to try making this weekend and I started thinking about this blog. And how I missed it. Did you know that it's been about a year and a half since I've posted? Well it has, believe it or not.
I went through and was cleaning pictures off of my fancy shmancy camera (which I still barely know how to use) a couple days ago and discovered these chicken fajita pictures that I shot back in the fall (hence the spiderweb place mats.) If I recall correctly they were pretty easy to make, don't actually take that long to make if you pre-cut all the vegetables and of course are mighty tasty!
Recipe from Skinnytaste.
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in strips
- 3 tbsp lime juice (I substituted lemon since that's what I already had)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch ancho Mexican chili powder, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- Optional garnishes: sour cream, guacamole, reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
- Marinate chicken with lime juice and season with chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin.
- Season vegetable with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
- Cook vegetables over medium heat in a skillet for 16-18 minutes covered, until the peppers and onions are soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, grill chicken, either outdoors on a grill or indoors using a grill pan on the stove, until cooked through. Cut into strips.
- Combine chicken and vegetables and serve immediately on warmed tortillas with desired garnishes.