Saturday, April 21, 2012

Morel Mushroom Fettuccine


I have been counting down the days to the first Madison Farmers Market all month and it finally came!! My roommate and I are going big this year, and we got a wagon for all our market goodies! Go big or go home right? I got rhubarb, asparagus, spinach, pumpkin butter, green onions, cheese curds and my weight in pastries. It was a wagon full of success. The BEST thing I got though was morel mushrooms. On the first lap around the square I was eyeing up the morel mushrooms for sale. On the second lap, I had $13 left and decided to go for it and buy some. Best decision ever, not only because the man selling them was super good looking (I will be visiting him next weekend), but the mushrooms cook up to be delicious bite size morsels (this was my first time cooking with them). Try them, they are worth the money.


I used homemade fettuccine noodles, but if you buy store bought this dish is finished in a flash. The homemade noodles just make this simple dish, extra special. I used only a 1/4 pound of morels, but I would recommend using more or adding in some less expensive mushrooms. Do not be afraid to salt the mushrooms generously, they like it. You won't regret making this, enjoy!

xo

April

Serves 2
Ingredients:
1/2 pound fettuccine noodles
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 pound morel mushrooms, sliced in half or quarters and cleaned with a damp or dry cloth
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper, freshly ground
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup white wine
Zest of 1 lemon
Parsley, for garnish

Instructions:
  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and then adding the noodles. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the morels, salt and pepper and saute for 3 minutes. Then add the green onion and garlic, sauteing for 1 minute and then add the white wine, cooking off all the alcohol. Add the lemon zest and remove from heat.
  2. Toss the noodles with the morels, over low heat for a few minutes. Add water as needed for the desired consistency.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...