Monday, April 7, 2014

Apple Cheddar Pupcakes


It's the Berner Bear's first birthday and we couldn't celebrate without some homemade, puppy-friendly treats. I have to be honest, I was searching for the perfect treat to make Bear for his birthday months ago! I love when I have a reason to spoil my not-so-little puppy! I have made him peanut butter treats and pumpkin cookies before but I wanted something different. Something with a new flavor for him. Which made me think of cheese. Bear loves when we slip him some cheese. Must be his native Wisconsin roots. So, I landed on this recipe. Super easy and healthy, I couldn't resist trying to make these pupcakes.


Why so easy? It's a recipe where you add, mix and bake. That simple! Also, it contains many ingredients that may be in your kitchen already, like apples, flour, rolled oats and cheese. For this recipe, I used whole wheat flour and all purpose flour but it can easily be altered to contain all of either kind of flour. Your puppy will love these pupcakes either way! Bear, my taste-tester and birthday boy, absolutely loved these. He was lifting his paw to shake before I even muttered the command. And as a bonus, these pupcakes made the house smell (surprisingly) oh-so-good!

Happy First Birthday, Bear!


3mo. 14lbs

1yr, 105lbs

Apple Cheddar Pupcakes

adapted from brown eyed baker

Ingredients
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/8 c. rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. applesauce 
1/4 c. water
2 tbsp. canola oil
1 tbsp. honey
1 egg
1/2 apple, peeled and minced
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 6 cups of a cupcake pan.
2. Combine and mix flours, oats, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, mix water, oil, applesauce, honey and egg.Then add the apple and cheese.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix until just combined.
5. Fill the cupcake liners almost all the way full.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Cool on a baking rack.
8. Feed to the lucky pooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...