Sunday, July 20, 2014

April's Sunday Brunch


  • I started mentoring a 13-year old girl through Madison Urban Ministry. It is sort of like Big Brother Big Sister, but these kids have a parent(s) who are incarcerated. 
  • My mentee and I went to the zoo and saw some pretty wild animals and scoped out Vilas Beach for our next outing. She is pretty rad and I think we are going to get along quite well.
  • I have been making loads of rice and veggies. It is the easiest summer meal ever. I'll be coming at you guys with a recipe eventually.


  • I went to Iowa for a little wedding reception fun. It was super duper cute, in a state park. It was a lot like my two good friends wedding, Tim and Renee. Super chill and outdoorsy. It is something like what I might imagine for a fun reception for myself one day. 
  • There was a beautiful sunset to end the Iowa adventure before heading home. 

 

  • Made delicious pancakes from A Cozy Kitchen's cookbook "Pancakes". They tasted just like she described, honey bunches of oats. Everything I've made from her book has been delicious so far.
  • The boyfriend and I are having a little date night at Eldorado Grill tonight. He hasn't been there before. I've been a handful of times. I actually met Rick Bayless there. I have a huge foodie crush on him. He signed my book. No big deal.
  • They make delicious margaritas and south western type food. So good. Did I mention it is summer restaurant week? That is half the reason we are going.  Twenty-five buck-aroos for a three course meal. Whhattt? Does anyone else have plans to go check some place new out for restaurant week?
  • Next weekend I'm heading to Door County for the very first time. I'm so excited. Door County has been in the works for probably a month. We didn't even plan it but it is cherry season. Door County cherries for me, straight from the source. SO EXCITED!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram (@badgerkitchen)

2 Years Ago: Summer Squash Ribbons with Almond Salsa Verde

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...