Friday, November 4, 2011

mini mini Chocolate Chip (Chocolate) Cookies

Yeah, I'm just as confused as you are. I didn't know how else to title this post because I made mini cookies that have mini chocolate chips in them and half of the cookies are double chocolate (the dough is chocolate and they have chocolate chips). Hope that clears any confusion! If not, just see the picture.
I wasn't very creative for these cookies, I basically followed the Nestle Tollhouse recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. I did a few different things, one was making half the batch double chocolate chip cookies. Don't worry, I'll show you how! They were quite a hit over the weekend. I made them on Friday and they didn't last much longer past Sunday. 

Mini mini Chocolate Chip (Chocolate) Cookies
as seen on the back of your chocolate chip bag or here

Ingredients
2 1/4 c. flour (I always use more so the cookies are fluffier - I probably added 3/4 c. more)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened (I actually used 1/2 c. butter, 1/2 c. shortening - I got this tip from Kelsey!)
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 package mini chocolate chips
1/3 c. cocoa
1 tbsp. vegetable oil

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) and mix
3. Combine in a different bowl butter (and shortening), both sugars, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy. I'd recommend using a hand mixer
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
5. Gradually beat in flour

Small side note - I had this conversation with a couple people about whether they follow the directions about mixing the dry ingredients and liquids separately. I personally do it separately, but I don't really know if it makes a difference. Leave a comment on what you do or what you think is better :)

6. Divide dough equally and place in different bowls. 
7. To one bowl, add 1/3 c. cocoa and 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Mix well
8. Add chocolate chips to each bowl, (make sure half of the bag goes into each). Mix

9. Drop cookies onto a cookie sheet. My mini cookies were about a tablespoon amount for each. 
*I would recommend starting with a cookie sheet full of all regular dough cookies (not double chocolate) so you can see when they are golden brown. 
10. Bake cookies for about 9-11 minutes. Even though the cookies were smaller, it took the same amount of time that was recommended (10 minutes) for me. 
11. Enjoy with a glass of milk :)

3 comments:

  1. I usually don't mix the dry ingredients separately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you mix the two kinds of ingredients separately, you will have to mix them less when you combine them. Over mixing can make some doughs/batters tough, so mixing them separately can cut down on this risk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't normally mix them separate either...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...