I wasn't very creative for these cookies, I basically followed the Nestle Tollhouse recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. I did a few different things, one was making half the batch double chocolate chip cookies. Don't worry, I'll show you how! They were quite a hit over the weekend. I made them on Friday and they didn't last much longer past Sunday.
Mini mini Chocolate Chip (Chocolate) Cookies
as seen on the back of your chocolate chip bag or here
2 1/4 c. flour (I always use more so the cookies are fluffier - I probably added 3/4 c. more)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened (I actually used 1/2 c. butter, 1/2 c. shortening - I got this tip from Kelsey!)
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 package mini chocolate chips
1/3 c. cocoa
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) and mix
3. Combine in a different bowl butter (and shortening), both sugars, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy. I'd recommend using a hand mixer
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
5. Gradually beat in flour
Small side note - I had this conversation with a couple people about whether they follow the directions about mixing the dry ingredients and liquids separately. I personally do it separately, but I don't really know if it makes a difference. Leave a comment on what you do or what you think is better :)
6. Divide dough equally and place in different bowls.
7. To one bowl, add 1/3 c. cocoa and 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Mix well
8. Add chocolate chips to each bowl, (make sure half of the bag goes into each). Mix
9. Drop cookies onto a cookie sheet. My mini cookies were about a tablespoon amount for each.
*I would recommend starting with a cookie sheet full of all regular dough cookies (not double chocolate) so you can see when they are golden brown.
10. Bake cookies for about 9-11 minutes. Even though the cookies were smaller, it took the same amount of time that was recommended (10 minutes) for me.
11. Enjoy with a glass of milk :)