Monday, November 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake

I was at my parents house the other day and whenever I am home I like to look through my moms cooking magazines. I found a really delicious looking caramel pie recipe and was bound and determined to make it this past weekend. My head was apparently in the clouds while I made the pie because I burnt the heck out of the caramel. It had been a frustrating day and that was the last straw. I decided not to try the caramel again but was left with an empty graham cracker crust. What better to put in a graham cracker crust than cheesecake?! I looked at some plain cheesecake recipes and came up with this. It is not too sweet which I like a lot and it was very simple. The Reese's cups on top of the pie add a really nice touch. Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 1/2 packages graham crackers
5 tablespoons butter (melted)
2 teaspoons sugar
3 x 8oz packages cream cheese (room temperature)
2 tablespoons flour
Pinch salt
3/4 cup sugar
14 peanut butter cups
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 large eggs


Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375F
  2. In a food processor pulse graham crackers to a fine crumb. Add melted butter and sugar and pulse to combine. Place in a pie dish and press down in the middle and up the sides to form the crust. Bake the crust for 5-7 minutes until golden.
  3. Reduce oven to 300F. Place 8 peanut butter cups in a food processor and pulse to medium/small pieces.
  4. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, flour, and pinch of salt on medium speed for about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides and add add sugar and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides and add the peanut butter cup pieces and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Add the eggs and mix until just combined (don't over mix or it will puff up too much and is more likely to crack).
  5. Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust. Place 6 whole peanut butter cups in a circle on the top of the cream cheese mixture.
  6. Put it in the middle of the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until slightly jiggly like jello.
  7. Let cool at room temperature and enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Wait how did I miss this?! I want this! Minus any whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...