Friday, November 25, 2011

Root beer Pulled Pork

I love this recipe! It is super delicious but super easy! The first time I ate root beer pulled pork, my boyfriend made it for me on my birthday. He had never had it before but was confident it would taste great. Since then, it has been one of our favorite dinners to have together. 

I made this one week day when we were both craving it. It is super easy to put together in the morning and let it cook all day as you're in class or working (or in my case, spending the whole day writing and perfecting a paper). Plus, it always leaves us left overs to enjoy later in the week. 

Root beer Pulled Pork

Ingredients
1 pork tenderloin (approximately 2 pounds)
2 cans of root beer (or enough to submerge the tenderloin)
1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue sauce

Directions
1. Pour root beer over the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker (make sure the tenderloin is not frozen)
2. Cook on low for approximately 7 to 8 hours
3. Drain the root beer and shred the pork with two forks
4. Add the Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce and cook on low until warm (about 15 minutes)
5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...