Earlier this week I was trying to decide something to cook for dinner, and I came across this recipe that I had saved a couple of months ago to make at some point. It's a pretty healthy meal to make which is great since I'm trying to eat healthier. It ended up being pretty easy and quick to make once all of the vegetables were cut up and tasted delicious as well!
- 6 oz whole wheat penne noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Half of a large white onion cut into strips
- 1 green pepper cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped
- Reduced fat Mexican cheese
- Start cooking pasta according to package directions.
- In a large pan over medium heat, warm oil.
- Add onion and pepper and sauté.
- Once onion and pepper are softened, add minced garlic and chicken.
- Sprinkle spices onto chicken and vegetables once chicken is almost fully cooked.
- Whisk together chicken broth and cornstarch in a bowl and pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Once sauce has thickened, chicken is fully cooked, and noodles are done, toss contents of the sauté pan with the noodles and tomato.
- Top with cheese as desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Mama Grubbs Grub