Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
adapted from Instructables
1 lb raw almonds (about 3 1/2 cups)
1 egg white
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tbsp. butter
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Separate egg white from yoke and put in bowl. Melt butter and add to the same bowl. Add vanilla extract to the bowl as well
3. Whisk mixture with fork
4. Add the almonds. Toss until all the almonds are coated.
6. Pour the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the almonds. Stir well until the almonds are fully and evenly coated.
7. Lightly grease a cookie with oil, butter, or Pam. Spread the almonds evenly and shake gently to create one layer.
8. Place the cookie sheet in the oven for a total of 1 hour.
9. Stir the almonds every 20 minutes (you'll do this twice) with a large spatula. Do not worry if the coating looks melty or is coming off the almonds. The coating will harden and the stirring will help re-coat them.
10. Let cool on stovetop. Store in an airtight container.