This is a simple chili recipe that you can make for picky eaters or to use as a baseline and add ingredients (aka to be creative!). My stepmom makes this recipe all the time because it is one of the family's favorites.
I was really craving chili since two of my roommates made batches once the weather started to get colder. But, I didn't have any chili leftovers stashed in my freezer from home (when I visit home its always a request I make). So, I got the recipe from my parents and I realized it's pretty easy! Usually I see it being made on the stovetop but since my day was going to be busy, I opted for the slow cooker. I had an afternoon badger basketball game to go to and the Big 10 Championship game to watch after. I prepared it in the morning and it was ready to enjoy when the football game began. It was perfect - the chili was great and the badgers won!
from my stepmom, Jennifer
1 large can Sacramento tomato juice
3/4 lb. ground beef
3 to 4 c. elbow noodles
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp sugar
1. Brown ground beef and drain grease
2. Cook elbow noodles according to box
3. Mix together tomato juice, chili powder and sugar
4. Place beef and tomato juice mixture into crockpot. Put on low for about 4 to 6 hours, stir occasionally (or when you want to peek)
6. After 4 to 6 hours, add the noodles and stir