Greetings friends! I hope everyone ate all sorts of chocolate and wine and deliciousness this weekend. You deserve it.
The past month has not been all that exciting, pretty much the usual. A real lack of picturesque moments. Therefore instead of just a recap of the past few weeks, I'm going to share some of the things I'm loving right now.
1. Milkshakes and a blizzard were one of the few picturesque moments. While some may say
it is too cold or too much snow, I had my eye on a milkshake and that is
what I got. Hubbard Avenue Diner is probably best known for their pie,
but they make a mean milkshake too. And by milkshake I totally mean
malt. They are way better, but milkshake has a better ring to it.
2. Have you seen Chef?
You should. I've been wanting to see it for a long time now just
because its about food. It just made sense to see it, but I had no real
expectations for it. Hilarious, with a heartfelt relationship between
estranged father and son. I would really recommend watching it, while
you eat dinner because you'll be hungry by the end. You can find it on
Netflix. Have you seen it? What did you think?
3. While browsing Netflix I came across a Frontline series "Locked Up in America,"
which I watched last year online. This is totally not heartfelt or
delicious, but if you are into human rights and social issues, it is
worth a watch. Be warned it is rather graphic but totally worth the
watch if you are into issues around incarceration and criminal justice.
4. ...and now for something less depressing. Cave of the Mounds! Who has been? I was there probably 10 years ago as a school kid. It was so much more impressive than I remembered. Usually it is the other way around. It is also about 50 degrees Fahrenheit, which is warm considering the single digit weather coming up in Wisconsin.
5. I recently got a Groupon for Barre3
classes. I'm really loving them as an alternative to traditional group
fitness classes. They also fit my schedule, with early morning times. The pricing is also reasonable with a student discount
6. I've been obsessed with my rice cooker and subsequently grain bowls. This is a really good how-to for inspiration or jumping point for your first grain bowl adventure. Endless possibilities.
7. This rice bowl sounds amazing too. Rice, beans and roasted broccoli with a little soy sauce and siracha is a dinner staple for me. This and the grain bowl are perfect throw together lunches that can be prepped on the weekend, clean out the fridge or as inspiration.Not to mention way more interesting than my typical rice and beans.