Maybe sweet potatoes are trendy, maybe they aren't but I sure have seen them around a lot lately. Part of that might be that I didn't used to care for their taste. I don't know what it was about them, but they just didn't tickle my fancy. All of a sudden though I love those buggars and can't get enough!
These cinnamon honey roasted sweet potatoes are currently my favorite way to prepare the root vegetable. The peeled potatoes are cubed and spread out on a baking sheet where all the action is going to happen, no need to dirty a bowl. Extra virgin olive oil and honey are drizzled over the orange cubes and then sprinkled with cinnamon. This creates a sweet and spicy potato after the roasting happens. To be honest, I don't usually actually measure out the ingredients, so feel free to just wing it.
Cinnamon honey roasted sweet potatoes have great flavor and can be eaten as a side dish to any meal. My favorite way to enjoy them is as a salad topping (salad recipe coming on Friday!) I usually prepare a batch on Sunday and have enough then to last for salads the whole week. Get creative though, the possibilities are endless!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cute them into half inch cubes. Spread out in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Drizzle potatoes with extra virgin olive oil and honey. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until soft, stirring half way through.