Friday, June 27, 2014

Lemon Chicken Kabobs


Oh boy! I found my new favorite grill recipe. The other weekend, I was visiting my future in-laws and we had chicken kabobs for dinner. The kabobs were store bought from the meat department. You know, the ones that are pre-prepared, quick and easy. They were delicious! Ever since then, I've been stuck on kabobs. I wanted to make them the next day, no joke. My fiancĂ© advised we wait a bit. Although reluctantly agreeing, I finally got to test out a recipe. The flavor was worth the wait.  


Yum! These chicken kabobs were juicy and flavorful. With only adding lemon zest, you get this perfect but not overly powerful citrus flavor. It compliments the garlic and pepper very nicely. I chose to add bell peppers and onions, because they're my favorite and add some nice color. However, feel free to get creative with your vegetables (or even the meat). The choices are endless! 

Ingredients
1 pound chicken breast, cut into large cubes
2 bell peppers
1 onion

Marinade
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground pepper


Instructions
1. In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Stir well
2. In a shallow dish, arrange chicken pieces into one or close to one layer
3. Pour marinade over chicken. Toss to coat pieces and cover.
4. Marinade chicken in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes but up to 8 hours.
5. Chop pepper and onion to similar size as the chicken, about 3/4-inch pieces.
6. Skew chicken, pepper and onion onto skewer sticks, alternating items.
7. Grill kabobs 45min, rotating often.
8. Enjoy!

Bon AppĂ©tit!
Brittany

4 comments:

  1. Did you have to soak the skewers in water ahead of time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did soak the skewers in water but as you can see in the pictures, they still got toasted, haha. I've read mixed review about whether or not it matters to soak skewers before grilling.

      Delete
  2. Hi Brittany! so cool to meet you online. . I love grilling in the summer. . and LOVE making kabobs!! definitely will give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, thanks for stopping by Badger Kitchen! This recipe will not disappoint, I promise. Let me know how you like them if you end up trying it.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...