Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Strawberry Jam

June is Strawberry month and what better way to celebrate than with jam! When we decided to feature strawberries for June, I had no idea what to make. I wanted to think outside the box, but not too far from it that I would end up short of a delicious recipe. So, I went to a super handy source for my recipe, Pinterest! Although I found a few strawberry recipes worth trying, today I have for you the easiest strawberry jam on the planet. It has to be the easiest because I was able to make it.



I know nothing about making jam or canning. But this recipe is so easy and you most likely have the whole 3 ingredients needed on hand. Although a quick and fool-proof recipe, it does not fall short on flavor. It's strawberry goodness would go great on top of any toast or english muffin. Yum!



recipe found on scattered thoughts of a crafty mom

Ingredients
16 oz. strawberries (or one normal size container found at grocery stores)
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice

yup, thats it!

Instructions
1. Remove stems of strawberries and coarsely chop
2. Place strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in blender and puree until blended to your liking
3. Pour mixture into sauce pan over medium heat. Allow sugar to dissolve
4. Heat at medium to high heat, stir often. Allow mixture to boil rigorously, about 10 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches about 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The mixture should reduce and become thickened and darker in color.
5. Fill mixture into a half pint jar. Let cool before sealing or cover and use within 10 days. Keep in refrigerator.
6. Enjoy over your favorite toast or other food!

Bon Appétit!
Brittany


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...